Scallops are good as a warm appetizer or main coure. This recipe is ready in less than 30 minutes.
- Boil for 1 minute the red pepper pieces in lightly salted water. Remove the skin.
- Pour the wine into a pan, add the skinned pepper, butter and season with salt and pepper. Simmer for 5 minutes. Puree using a sieve or food mill and blend in the cream.
- Add the pink peppercorns, return to the heat and simmer gently for 5 minutes, or until the sauce is reduced to desired consistency.
- Steam the scallops. Be careful, scallops cook very fast and harden when overcooked.
- To serve, arrange 6 scallop halves on a warmed dish pour pink pepper sauce around them and garnish with two puff pastry crescents.
Use ready-made puff pastry to make pastry crescents. Just cut 8 crescent shapes and bake following the package instructions. The shapes can be prepared in advance and re-heated before serving.
Removing the skin from the pepper is easier if frozen once blanched. Defrost under running water.
As a second option, serve it with steamed new potatoes sautéed in butter and vegetables on the side.