Trout is very affordable and healthy. Filleted, you avoid the problem of fish bones, and the lemony new potatoes are a perfect complement.
- Preheat the grill.
- Place oil, soy sauce and lemon juice in a bowl and mix together. Set aside.
- Scrub the potatoes and slice (don’t peel)
- Place the potato slices in a pan of boiling water and cook for approximately 4 minutes, until slightly tender.
- Drain and place potatoes in a non-stick baking try. Drizzle with a little olive oil and sea salt.
- Sprinkle lemon zest over the potato slices. Place in a hot oven and bake for approximately 15 minutes.
- Place the trout fillets on a baking tray and pour the oil mixture over. Grill for approximately 8 minutes.
- Then sprinkle the sesame seeds over the fillets and grill for another 2 to 4 minutes. Until the seeds are golden and trout is cooked through.
- Serve with the lemon potatoes.
Not your usual dinner main but delicious, nutrtitious, and on budget. Serve with a green side salad or French green beans.
The problem with trout is the thin bones, so get trout fillets, bones already removed, from the store or fishmonger.
Substitute lemon with lime and the results will be a more delicate citrus flavor.