Chimichangas de carne de res by their Mexican name.
4 tortilla (12 inch flour tortillas)
8 c beef (cooked beef, shredded)
4 avocado (stone removed, peeled)
1 c sour cream
2 chili pepper (jalapeño chili)
1⁄4 c coriander (fresh leaves, finely chopped)
- In a food processor, add two of the skinned, seeded avocados, sour cream, chiles, chili juice and cilantro. Process until thick and smooth.
- Thinly slice the remaining two avocados & divide into 4 servings.
- Use a tortilla warmer to warm tortillas in an oven or microwave.
- Place 2 cups shredded beef and one serving of sliced avocado to each tortilla.
- Fold and fry tortillas until crispy. Drain well on a paper towel.
- To serve, add a warm, fried chimichanga to a plate and top with avocado sauce.
See also our other recipe for chimichangas.