Many parts of Mexico are near the sea and fishing is an ancient and honorable profession in this land. Oyster soup is one of the most pleasant results.
- Bake the tomato for about 15 minutes at 350ºF/177ºC, then peal off the outer layers.
- Then fry it in oil for a few minutes and slice it up.
- Put the water and the vegetables in a pan and heat.
- Simmer the vegetables for 5-10 minutes.
- Add the oysters, then pour in the wine.
- Add the garlic and cook for another ten minutes.
Seafood doesn't get any better than this.