Who doesn’t love a little spring roll with a delicious sauce? You don’t need to order Chinese takeout to enjoy this crispy delight. Just follow this recipe and enjoy the results.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and carrots and sauté until tender.
- Add the bean sprouts and keep cooking to desired tenderness. Once the mixture is cooked, remove it from heat and allow it cool slightly.
- Now, you need to get your rice papers ready by moistening them with water. Moisten, fill and fold each paper one by one or you’ll just have a soggy mess. Add about 3 tablespoons of mixture to middle of the paper. Fold in the sides of the paper. Then fold the bottom up. Finish by rolling the paper all the way.
- Brush the rice paper with egg to seal the edges. Allow the egg to dry.
- While the egg is drying, heat the vegetable oil in a pan or deep fryer to 375°F. Carefully place the rolls in the oil and fry until they golden brown, about 5-6 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Serve with your favorite sauce to dip - soy sauce, sweet chili sauce, even plum sauce - and enjoy.