A soup made with all the ingredients for stuffed peppers.
1 lb beef (ground sirloin)
1 bell pepper (green, chopped)
1 c onion (finely diced)
1 cn tomato (diced tomato, 29 oz can)
1 cn tomato sauce (15 oz can)
1 cn broth (chicken broth or stock, 14 oz can)
1⁄4 t thyme (dried)
1⁄4 t sage (dried)
salt (to taste)
pepper (to taste)
1 c rice (white, uncooked)
- In a large soup pot, brown the ground meat. Drain fat.
- Add pepper and onion. Cook until onion is translucent, do not allow them brown.
- Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, broth, thyme, sage and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and simmer until peppers are tender, about 30 to 45 minutes,.
- In a saucepan boil 2 cups water, and add the rice. Cook until rice is tender.
- Add cooked rice to soup.
- Heat soup through and serve.
Imported from RecipeML file