Here's a recipe that supplies the perfect early treat to munch on during any holiday or special day. Call it Christmas, birthday, or that Easter egg hunt. This recipe,as described, will make six cakes.
- Warm the water and dissolve the yeast into it slowly, letting it rest for about five minutes.
- Combine the flour, 1/4 cup of sugar and the salt, then warm a cup of butter and pour it in. To it, add 4/8 (1/2 cup or 8 Tbs for the original recipe) of the heavy cream, the eggs, yeast and currants. Cover and place in the refrigerator to chill for a couple of hours.
- Remove and divide the dough into six parts onto a floured surface. Roll each one into a rectangle about 10 inches by 6 inches.
- To make the filling just add the 3/8 (6 tablespoons for the orignal recipe) of heavy cream to a 1/2 cup of warmed butter, then fold in the brown sugar. Stir in the pecans well.
- Spread the filling onto each dough rectangle and roll them up, then pinch the ends to seal. If you want to add a little decorative appearance, curve the dough into a crescent shape. Make a few shallow slices through the dough skin along the length of the roll. Let the dough rise for about 45 minutes.
- Bake at 350°F / 175°C for about 20 minutes. Monitor them to see that the surface is a golden brown, but the pinched edges are not too dark.
Store the cereal in the fridge for up to a week.
Use no-stick cooking spray to coat the baking sheet -faster, but without the taste of butter.
Instead of serving the cereal with fresh apple, add 1 cup chopped dried apple slices to the cereal at the same time you add the nuts.
|4 1/2 cups||flour|
|1/4 cup||granulated sugar|
|1/2 cup||heavy cream|
|1/2 cup||dried currants|
|2||pkg. active dry yeast|
|6 Tbs||heavy cream|
|1 cup||brown sugar|
|1 cup||chopped pecans|
Serving size: Each cake can be sliced to provide 4 servings
Percent daily values based on a 2000 calorie diet.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat (52%)||155.88|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 17.83g||27%|
|Saturated Fat 9.20g||46%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.40g||6%|
|Sugar Alcohols 0.00g|
|Net Carbohydrates 30.79g|
Nutrition information calculated from recipe ingredients for 1 serving. The following ingredients were not included in the nutrition information:milk or yogurt to taste