Serve sweet potato biscuits still warm with butter and honey for a wonderful treat.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease a baking sheet.
- Combine the mashed sweet potatoes, sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla in a bowl. Set aside.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and pecans.
- Place the butter in the flour and cut into small pieces with a cold knife. Blend into the flour mixture until the mixture resembles small peas.
- Add the sweet potato to the flour mixture, stirring thoroughly until dough forms..
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until well blended, about 5 minutes.
- Roll to 1/2 inch thickness. Use a 3 inch cookie cutter to cut biscuits and place them on the baking sheet.
- Bake on the middle rack for 12-14 minutes, or until golden brown..
- Remove baking sheet from the oven. Let it stand for 2 minutes, then remove the biscuits to a cooling rack.
To grease the baking sheet, use butter, margarine or spray with vegetable oil cooking spray.
To blend butter and flour mixture, use a food processor, or a pastry blender, using a back-and-forth motion.
Place biscuits 2 inches apart on the baking sheet to allow for expansion.