Another Brazilian cake for lazy cooks. All the ingredients can be mixed in the blender.
1 1⁄2 c corn (sweet corn, fresh, frozen or canned and drained)
1 1⁄2 c cooking oil (vegetable oil, corn or sunflower)
1 1⁄2 c milk (whole milk)
1 1⁄2 c hominy
1 1⁄2 c sugar
1 T baking powder
- Heat the oven to 375º F. Grease and flour a rectangular baking pan.
- Put corn, oil, milk and eggs in the blender. Blend until smooth.
- Add hominy, sugar and baking powder. Blend again.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake until done, about 45 minutes.
- Remove the sweetcorn cake from the oven and allow to cool.
- Cut into squares and serve.
This cake can be served still warm or at room temperature.