A delicious snack for your guest during the Holiday season.
1 c sugar
1⁄2 t salt
4 c pecan nuts (halved)
3 T liquor (Grnad Mrnier, Kahlua or other flavored liquor.)
- Line a pan with foil and pre-heat oven to 325°F.
- Combine sugar and salt in small bowl. Whisk egg-white and liqueur in large bowl, and add pecans and stir. Add sugar mixture and stir thoroughly to coat.
- Spread pecans in single layer on the prepared pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until pecans are toasted and crisp.
- Stir every 10 minutes. Stir from the outer edges to the center as nuts on edges brown faster.
- Remove pan from oven and immediately loosen nuts from foil. Cool on wax paper.
Watch closely because sugar burns easily. When stirring the nuts, it will look as though all the coating is coming off.