A delicious chocolate sheet cake with a chocolate frosting, as they like it in Texas. Cook this at home.
2 c flour (all purpose)
2 c sugar (white sugar)
1⁄2 t salt
1 t baking soda
1 1⁄2 c butter
2 egg (beaten)
1 c water
1⁄2 t cinnamon
2 t vanilla extract
1⁄2 c buttermilk (or sour cream)
6 T cocoa
6 T milk
1 pk confectioner's sugar
- Heat the oven to 350º F. Grease and flour a shallow pan.
- Mix together 2 cups flour, 2 cups sugar and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Heat together, over a medium heat, 1 cup butter, 1 cup water, 3 tablespoons cocoa. Add this to the flour mix.
- Beat together eggs, baking soda, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, cinnamon and buttermilk. Add to the previous mix. The batter will be thin.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan and bake for 20 minutes on the middle rack.
- Heat in a pan, do NOT boil, 1 stick butter, 3 tablespoons cocoa, 6 tablespoons milk.
- Add 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1 box confectioners sugar.
- Pour over cake as it come out of the oven.
Start preparing the frosting 5 minutes before the cake is done.