This Thai noodle salad is best eaten at room temperature.
2 T soy sauce (salt reduced)
2 T sesame oil
1⁄3 c vinegar (red wine vinegar)
1 T sauce (sweet chili sauce)
2 clv garlic (crushed or grated)
1⁄3 c soy sauce (Indonesian soy sauce, kecap manis)
24 prawns (cooked, peeled and de-veined)
8 oz noodles (instant dry noodles)
5 onion (sprin onions, sliced diagonally)
2 T coriander (chopped fresh leaves)
1 bell pepper (red, diced)
3 1⁄2 oz snow peas (sliced)
2 T galangal (pr ginger, peeled and grated)
- In a large serving bowl, whisk together grated galangal or ginger, soy sauce, sesame oil, vinegar, chili sauce, crushed garlic, and kecap manis.
- Cook egg noodles according to package instructions, drain and set aside to cool.
- Cut each prawn lengthwise with a sharp knife.
- Add the noodles and prawns to the dressing.
- Add diced pepper, snow peas and spring onions.
- Toss thoroughly, but gently.