Prepare the perfect roast beef every time, full of flavour, juicy and tender.
- Preheat the oven to 475°F, fan oven to 450°F. Sprinkle thyme leaves, salt and freshly ground pepper on a board; rub some olive oil over the beef and roll over the prepared seasoning.
- Place the seasoned beef on a roasting pan together with the onions and carrots.
- Drizzle some olive oil over the vegetables. Reduce temperature to 400°F, fan oven 375°F, and place the pan in the middle rack.
- Roast for 1 hour and 5 minutes, about 18 minutes per pound, for well done meat. Move the meat to a cutting board, cover with kitchen foil and let it rest for 20-30 minutes.
- Carve into very thin slices and serve with roasted onions and carrots from the tray.
While the beef is resting, make gravy with the pan juices, prepare a horseradish sauce, or potato mash to serve with the roast.
If you take the meat out of the refrigerator in advance, 20-30 minutes before cooking, to be at room temperature, the results will be even better.