Spice up a variety of vegetables with this tasty and versatile recipe.
2 T cooking oil (vegetable oil)
1 onion (chopped)
1 T turmeric (frehs turmeric, peeled and grated)
1 T curry paste (or to taste, medium curry powder)
1 t paprika
2 t tomato paste
1 t lemon juice
1 T sugar (palm sugar)
1 1⁄4 c milk (or coconut milk)
1⁄4 c raisin
6 c vegetable medley (diced carrots and potatoes, cauliflower florets)
coriander (fresh leaves, garnish)
- Put the oil in a saucepan add the onion and turmeric and fry gently, without browning the onion.
- Add the curry powder and paprika and cook for 2-3 minutes more.
- Add the tomato paste, lemon juice, sugar, milk and raisins. Bring to the boil and simmer for for 10 minutes, uncovered.
- While the sauce cooks, steam the vegetables or boil in salted water for 10 minutes. Drain well.
- Add the vegetables to the sauce. Simmer until the vegetables are tender.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve.