Luckily for those who don't eat meat, lasagna is still excellent when made solely with vegetable ingredients. This recipe will prove the point.
- Peel and dice the tomatoes, then puree in a blender for 30 seconds. Crumble in the bay leaves and basil, mince the garlic and add. Cook for 20 minutes, stirring gently.
- While that's cooking, boil the pasta according to directions (usually in a 2-quart pan with plenty of water to allow them to move around for about 6-8 minutes). Drain and set aside.
- Whip the egg, grate the Parmesan and mozzarella. Chop the broccoli finely, dice the celery stalk, and chop the onion and bell pepper.
- Spread a layer of sauce onto a 13" x 9" x 2" baking dish. Layer on some noodles and cover with more sauce, then top with the chopped vegetables, then the cheese. Repeat until you run out of ingredients.
- Bake uncovered at 350°F/175°C for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with a little more cheese and serve. Delicious
This recipe is meatless and suitable for a meat free or lacto-vegetarian main course.