A simple bean salad with a traditional Greek flavor profile from the feta cheese, olive oil, lemon and oregano.
2 c green beans
1 cn beans (borlotti beans, 14 oz can)
1 T olive oil (extra virgin olive oil)
2 T lemon juice
1 t oregano
12 spr parsley (chopped leaves)
1⁄2 c feta cheese (crumbled)
1 oz olives (pitted and sliced)
- Steam the green beans for approximately 5 minutes until slightly tender.
- Place beans in a large bowl and add the borlotti beans.
- Mix together well and cover to keep warm.
- In a small bowl mix the olive oil, lemon juice and oregano.
- Pour this mixture over the beans and toss together gently.
- Add the feta cheese and sliced olives and gently toss. S
- erve immediately with a side of whole wheat bread.
Extra virgin olive oil is great in salads.