Alight, comforting meal that will please nearly everyone.
- Grease an oven pan.
- Cut hard boiled eggs in half, lengthwise is better, and remove yolks.
- In a bowl, mash yolks with a fork. MIx in half of the grated cheese and 2-3 tablespoons of cheese sauce, just enough to make a paste. Season with salt and cayenne pepper.
- Stuff the halved eggs with this mixture and place them on the greased pan.
- Heat the grill.
- Coat eggs with the chese sauce and sprinkle the rest of the grated cheese over the sauce.
- Melt the cheese and brown the sauce quickly under the grill, about 10-15 minutes.
- Serve hot.
If there is no grill, bake the eggs in a hot oven for 25-35 minutes, 350-375º F, until they are golden brown.
Substitute the sauce for the filling with same amount of softened butter.
Season the filling with Worcestershire sauce or mustard.
Mix the yolks with canned tuna, flaked, and a little tomato sauce instead of grated cheese and cheese sauce.