Goes with fish, mackerel rolls, morels, salmon, bacon, potato latkes and mash.
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan, add the onion and garlic and cook for 5 minutes to soften.
- Add vegtable stock, soy and honey, bring to the boil and cook for 5 minutes. Then thicken with the cornflour, stirring it in well.
- Add 3 oz of the watercress and all the peas and cook for a further 1-2 minutes until the watercress is softened.
- Pour into a large tray or bowl over ice to cool as quickly as possible. This will keep the deep green color.
- Once cooled, spoon the cooled mixture into a food processor, add the remaining watercress and purée for a 3-4 minutes or until very smooth.
- Whisk in the mayonnaise and lemon juice and chill.
Alternatively, substitute 10 fluid ounces vegetable stock with 10 fluid ounces water + 1/2 vegetarian stock cube.