Serve with soup, instead of bread, or for a savory weekend brunch.
- Place beaten eggs in a large bowl. Sift flour and baking powder together and add this mixture to the beaten eggs. Fold in grated zucchini, cheese, and olives, if using.
- Stir in the liquid until an even batter, of creamy consistency, is formed.
- Heat a little olive oil - just enough to brush the bottom - in a large skillet, over a medium heat. Drop 2 tablespoons of batter and cook until air bubbles begin to form, it should take about 2 minutes. Flip it over and cook on the other side, about 30-60 seconds, depending on ingredients chosen.
- Keep cooked pancake in a warm oven. Repeat with the remaining batter.
Cheese: use your favorite, Feta cheese, grated Cheddar, Halloumi, farmer's cheese, paneer or mozzarella - if you use a soft chees like mozzarella, a little less liquid will be required.
Other ingredients: try green or black olives, stoned and sliced; 2 teaspoons of tapenade; sun dried tomatoes, chopped, or roasted peppers.
Seasoning: it will depend on the cheese used, and the addition of other ingredients.
- If you use Feta cheese and Kalamata olives, fairly salty both of them, you may not need to add salt at all.
- If you add mozzarella and sun dried tomates, you may want to add 1/2 teaspoon of dried basil and oregano.
- If you add paneer, add a pinch of ground turmeric and garam masala spice mix.
- If you love hot food, add a pinch of cayenne or chili powder, or a dash of Tabasco, to the batter.