This variation of the traditional recipe with zucchini has a little more vegetable input. Lasagna is a great dish for the cooler days.
- Brown ground beef. Drain.
- Slice zucchini thin - food processor works well - and place on paper towels to absorb moisture.
- Mix ricotta, Parmesan cheese, dried parsley, 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella and the beaten egg.
- Spread a thin layer spaghetti sauce on 9x12 pan, add a layer of zucchini overlapping, sprinkle ground beef over zucchini, spread ricotta mixture over beef.
- Layer zucchini over ricotta, cover with spaghetti sauce and top with remaining mozzarlla cheese.
- Bake 350°F degrees for 1 hour.
Recipe from Bette, one of the entries for the All Foods Natural ground beef recipe competition.