World of food and wine looks at a fascinating variety of customs and traditions in different countries across the globe, describing how the world cooks, eats, and drinks.
About World Food and Wine
World food and wine site was born from one intrepid girl fascination with new adventures, travel, food and wine.
When Marta discovered global cuisine, she took to it with such zeal that her children, when young, were known to ask "Where are we going today?" instead of the classic "What's for dinner?" Since then, many dishes once considered exotic have become part of the family's every day repertoire. The family still enjoys spontaneous "food travel" days at home.
Unnecessary to say, wine tours, visit to food factories, well known and little known restaurants play an important role in family vacations. At every museum, old cooking implements draw Marta like a magnet to iron. Local cookbooks, wine and food samples always make it to the souvenir case.
Marta was raised in Spain - excellent food and wine country - being very familiar with French and Italian cuisine by proximity. Sharing skills and recipes with home cooks from all over the world, and traveling through Europe and beyond, afforded Marta the opportunity to widen her cooking horizons. She currently lives in New Jersey with her husband and children, chief tasters of her international recipes.
Help to build a better World Food and Wine
There are many ways you can contribute to build a better World Food and Wine.
- Register as a user and participate in table talk, our discussion forum, add recipes to the collection, and comment on articles. It is free!
- Become a Table Talk moderator.
- Send recipes, comments and tasting notes via email or contact form.
- Follow World Food and Wine in Facebook or Twitter.
- If you are interested but don't have the time, please, donate. Your contributions will help to pay for all services that keep World Food and Wine up and running and make it a reliable source of information.