World of food and wine looks at a fascinating variety of customs and traditions in different countries across the globe, describing how the world cooks, eats, and drinks.
Chocolate espresso cheesecake
The chocolate and espresso blend beautifully in this recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350?? F.
- Combine butter and cookie crumbs. Press the mixture onto the bottom and 1 inch of the side of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Melt 1 cup Hershey's kisses over low heat in small saucepan, stirring constantly.
- Mix sugar and cream cheese together in a large bowl using an electric mixer on medium speed. Then beat in cinnamon, milk, eggs, and espresso powder until well blended.
- Add in the melted chocolate and beat an additional 2 minutes.
- Spoon the mixture into prepared crust.
- Bake for 55 minutes, then cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes and separate cake from the side of pan.
- The side of the pan can be removed after the cheesecake is completely cool.
- Cover and place in refrigerator for at least 4 hours before serving.
When it is time to serve, top with remaining 1/4 cup chocolate kisses and Espresso Cream.
Preparation time does not include chilling.
Beat together 2 tbsp powdered sugar, 1 tsp instant espresso powder, and 1/2 cup whipping cream until firm.