The Australian way to make bread.
3 cself raising flour
1 1⁄2 tsalt
3 1⁄5 ozbutter
- After mixing the flour and salt in a bowl rub in the butter.
- Make a hole in the centre and pour in the milk and water, mixing it by using cutting motions with a sharp knife.
- Flour a surface and put the dough on it and begin to knead, making it into a dome shape.
- Cut a 1/2 inch deep cross into the top of the dough, brush with milk then sift a dusting of flour over the top.
- Place on a greased baking tray and cook on high heat for 10 minutes then on a lower heat for 15.