World of food and wine looks at a fascinating variety of customs and traditions in different countries across the globe, describing how the world cooks, eats, and drinks.
Finnish cookie sticks
A beautiful treat, because these crunchy, almond flavored cookies, from Finish cuisine, look as good as they taste.
- Cream butter and 1/2 cup sugar until smooth then stir in one egg, almond extract, and salt.
- Add flour and work mixture with hands until it is a smooth dough is formed. Roll dough into long rolls about 1/2 inch thick.
- Heat oven to 350° F (175° C)
- While oven is heating, cut dough into 2 inch pieces. Dip each one in beaten egg, then in sugar, and then in almonds. Place in a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake cookie sticks for 8 to 10 minutes or until cookies are very light brown.
Have two cookie sheets and bake in batches. While one batch is in the oven, prepare the next one.
| Nutrition facts
Serving size: 1 cookie stick, 1/60 of a recipe (0.7 ounces, 20 g).
Percent daily values based on the Reference Daily Intake (RDI) for a 2000 calorie diet.
Nutrition information calculated from recipe ingredients.