A tasty, sweet and soft European tradiition, now with a Central American recipe.
1 pkevaporated milk
- Heat a pie plate or flan pan to 200 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a saucepan begin to heat the 1/3 cup ofsugar and start stirring when it turns into a caramel.
- Remove the pie plate (or flan pan) from the oven and quickly pour the sugar into it, rolling it around to cover the bottom as well as the sides.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs with the remaining sugar then add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the hardened caramel, the put the dish into a bigger pie plate.
- Fill the space inbetween the two pie plates with boiling water then bake it all at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for 50 minutes.
- Cool and refrigerate for 2 hours, then cut around the edges of the flan.
- Put a plate on top then flip the flan onto the plate and serve.