World of food and wine looks at a fascinating variety of customs and traditions in different countries across the globe, describing how the world cooks, eats, and drinks.
Serve fried eggs over corn tortillas, also fried, and accompanied of other goodies such as tomato sauce, refried beans and such., and you have a delicious Mexican breakfast.
- Using a blender, blend the grilled tomatoes. Strain well.
- In a frying pan using a small amount of oil, saute the sliced onions and Pablano peppers.
- Next, add the drained, blended tomatoes and chicken broth. Heat to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until ready to serve.
- In a separate skillet, fry the bacon and set aside. Then fry the eggs.
- Warm tortillas in a tortilla warmer or by lightly frying in a small amount of oil.
- To serve, add two tortillas to each plate. Top with 2 fried eggs, a few spoons of the tomato sauce and a strip of bacon.
- Serve immediately.