Smooth, spicy and savoury, with a comlicated mix of ingredients this curry is simply worth it.
1 4⁄5 lb chicken
3 T lemon (juice)
2 T chili powder
1 4⁄5 oz butter
1 c yogurt (no liquid residue )
1 1⁄2 T garlic (garlic paste)
2 T garam masala
3 T ginger (ginger paste, or grated ginger)
5 chili pepper (chopped)
1 T chili powder
14 oz pureed tomato
2 T honey
1 c cream
1 pn clove
1 pn pepper
1 pn cinnamon
- Make incisions in the chicken pieces then mix with 1 teaspoon of Kashmiri chili powder, 1 tablespoon on lemon juice and salt to taste.
- To the yogurt add 1/2 teaspoon of garlic paste, 1/2 teaspoon of Garam masala, 1 teaspoon of Kashmiri chili powder, 2 tablespoons of ginger paste, 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and 2 tablespoons of mustard oil.
- Mix well then apply the marinade to the chicken and leave to cool in the fridge for 3 hours.
- Put the chicken on a skewer and cook for 10 minutes, then baste it with butter and cook for a further 2.
- Place the chiken to one side.
- Heat the rest of the butter in a pan, adding the cardamoms, cloves, peppercorns and cinnamon.
- After 2 minutes, add the green chilies, ginger paste and garlic paste.
- After a further 2 minutes, add the tomato puree, red chili powder, garam masala and one cup of water.
- Add salt to tast and bring to boil before turning the heat down and simmering for 10 minutes.
- Add the honey and fenugreek along ith the reserved chicken, simmering everything for 5 minutes before serving.