Smooth, spicy and savoury, with a comlicated mix of ingredients this curry is simply worth it.
1 4⁄5 lbchicken
3 Tlemon (juice)
2 TKashmiri red chili powder
1 4⁄5 ozbutter
1 cyogurt (no liquid residue )
1 1⁄2 Tgarlic paste
2 Tgaram masala
3 Tginger paste
2 Tmustard oil
5green chilies (chopped)
1 Tred chili powder
1⁄2 tfenugreek leaves
14 oztomato puree
1 pngreen cardamom
- Make incisions in the chicken pieces then mix with 1 teaspoon of Kashmiri chili powder, 1 tablespoon on lemon juice and salt to taste.
- To the yogurt add 1/2 teaspoon of garlic paste, 1/2 teaspoon of Garam masala, 1 teaspoon of Kashmiri chili powder, 2 tablespoons of ginger paste, 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and 2 tablespoons of mustard oil.
- Mix well then apply the marinade to the chicken and leave to cool in the fridge for 3 hours.
- Put the chicken on a skewer and cook for 10 minutes, then baste it with butter and cook for a further 2.
- Place the chiken to one side.
- Heat the rest of the butter in a pan, adding the cardamoms, cloves, peppercorns and cinnamon.
- After 2 minutes, add the green chilies, ginger paste and garlic paste.
- After a further 2 minutes, add the tomato puree, red chili powder, garam masala and one cup of water.
- Add salt to tast and bring to boil before turning the heat down and simmering for 10 minutes.
- Add the honey and fenugreek along ith the reserved chicken, simmering everything for 5 minutes before serving.