World of food and wine looks at a fascinating variety of customs and traditions in different countries across the globe, describing how the world cooks, eats, and drinks.
If you need to get up and going, müesli is great. Cereals, nuts, fruit and milk or yogurt make a well balanced breakfast. Now you can prepare your own.
Prepare the cereal
- Preheat oven to 300°F (150°C).
- In a bowl, mix oat, spelt flakes, cinnamon and vanilla sugar. Pour maple syrup, stirring until well mixed.
- Coat a large baking sheet with melted butter and cover with an even layer of cereal. Bake until the cereal flakes turn golden brown -about 15 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Pour cereal into an airtight container and add nuts and raisins, mixing well.
- Distribute cereal among 4 bowls. Add the grated apple and milk or yogurt to taste.
Increase oats to 2 cups, if no spelt flakes are available.
Store the cereal in the fridge for up to a week.
Use no-stick cooking spray to coat the baking sheet -faster, but without the taste of butter.
Instead of serving the cereal with fresh apple, add 1 cup chopped dried apple slices to the cereal at the same time you add the nuts.
Serving size: 1 serving
Percent daily values based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Nutrition information calculated from recipe ingredients.
The following ingredients were not linked to the ingredient database and were not included in the nutrition information: milk or yogurt to taste