Be sure to save room for dessert as Amaretto apples would put a fitting end to a dinner and it would be regretful missing out.
1 1⁄2 T butter
2 T sugar
2 T raisin
2 T almond
cream (to serve, whipped cream)
4 T liquor (Amaretto)
- Peel apples, core, cut into 1/2-inch dice and set aside.
- Melt butter in medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add apples, sprinkle with sugar and saute until tender, about 6 minutes.
- Stir in raisins. Add liqueur and cook until liquid reduces to glaze, about 1 minute.
- Divide between 2 dessert dishes. Garnish with almonds and whipped cream. Serve immediately.