This is a dessert with a crumbly topping made with oatmeal, butter and sugar, sometimes know as deep dish cobbler.
- Heat oven to 180-200º C and butter a small casserole dish.
- Arrange the apple slices at the bottom.
- Sprinkle the apples with the white sugar, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg.
- Mix oatmeal, butter, brown sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg until they have a crumby texture.
- Place the this mixture on top of the apple slices in the casserole dish.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Break the topping a little, place portions in a bowls and serve with vanilla ice cream.
Sprinkle some lemon juice over the apples to prevent discoloration.