White fish steaks cooked with a leek, cream cheese and wine sauce.
Hake is a white fish with a delicate flavor and wonderful texture. It is very appreciated in Spanish cuisine. If hake is not easy to find, try this recipe with cod or any other white fish.
- Preheat oven to 400° F° (200 C).
- Grease an oven proof dish and place the hake in. For each piece of hake, score the surface 4-5 times and insert a slice of garlic on each one. Sprinkle with salt, drizzle with a little oil and bake for 20-25 minutes, depending on how thick the fish pieces are.
- Prepare the sauce while the fish is in the oven.
- Remove from the oven, pour the sauce over and serve.
- Melt the butter over a medium-low heat. Add the sliced leek and cook for 4-5 minutes, until leek is translucent.
- Add wine, season lightly with salt and pepper and cover. Simmer for 10-12 minutes.
- When the leek is tender, pour into the blender, add the cream cheese and blend until smooth.
- Pour over the fish.
This recipe is easy to scale down for small quantities and make it for one or two people.