Ham may be baked in a thousand ways. This particular time we take some cooked diced pork and pair it with cheese and mushrooms.
2 T butter (unsalted)
1 onion (medium size yellow onion, finely chopped)
8 oz mushroom (thinly sliced)
10 oz spinach (choped frozen spinach, thawed, drained and sqeezed dry)
2 clv garlic
1⁄4 t pepper (black)
1 1⁄2 c milk
3 egg (large)
1 c cheese (part skimmed ricotta cheese)
1⁄2 c cheese (grated Parmesan)
1 c pork (cooked, diced)
6 sli bread (whole wheat, cut into 1/2 inch cubes)
- Preheat your oven to 375°F. Melt the butter in a large nonstick pan over a medium low heat. Saute the onion for 3 minutes, stir occasionally.
- Add the mushrooms and continue sauteing for 3 more minutes. Mix in the garlic, pepper and spinach. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. All the liquid should almost be evaporated.
- Combine the milk, eggs, mustard, ricotta and 1/3 cup Parmesan in a medium sized bowl. Fold in the ham and bread. Then fold in the onion and mushroom mixture.
- Place into a lightly grease baking dish, 9"x9"x2". Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top. Cover with foil. Bake 30 minutes.
- Uncover, and place into the broiler, 4 inches from heat. Brown for 1-2 minutes.