Serve the braised chicken pieces with cooked beans, sautéed chopped onions and peppers.
- Coat chicken pieces with the seasoned flour.
- Heat oil over medium heat. Brown chicken pieces.
- Push chicken to one side and add onion. Sauté onion for 2-3 minutes, until soft but not brown.
- Spread chicken and season. Pour in 1/2 cup stout, cover and cook 20-25 minutes or until the chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken from the pan and keep warm.
- Reduce sauce by half, add remaining stout and bring to the boil.
- Return chicken to the pan to warm for a few minutes. Turn heat off, mix in sour cream and garnish with chopped parsley.
Chicken legs will take about 5 minutes to brown, breast pieces will take longer, about 10-15 minutes.
To make this dish even more special, flame the chicken in gin. Add 4 Tbs gin at the beginning of step 4 and light with caution.