Brigadeiros are a truffle like candy from Brazil usually served at parties. They are very popular.
- Mix condensed milk, cocoa powder and butter together.
- Place the mixture in a pan and heat over medium heat, stirring continuously, until it has a smooth, silky texture, about 10-15 minutes.
- Pour the mixture into a buttered recipient and let it cool to room temperature and then refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Shape the mixture into balls, 2-3 cm diameter, or into small cilinders.
- Roll the brigadeiros on the chocolate decoration.
- Place on a tray lined with non-stick paper.
- Chill until it is time to serve.
There is no need to shape the mixiture into balls. The brigadeiro can be eaten as a pudding with a spoon or be used as filling for cakes and tarts.
Dessicated coconut, chopped toasted nuts or finely chopped dried fruit can also be used as decoration to roll the brigadeiros.
Add a pinch of salt or a little vanilla extract to the pan to improve the flavor.