Waffles are light cakes cooked in a special pan that gives them
a grid shape.
- Melt the butter in a large pan. Add warm milk and sparkling water.
- Add beaten eggs to the pan and then incorporate the flour, stirring and whisking briskly to prevent lumps.
- Add the sugar while still beating.
- Sprinkle the yeast over the mixture and mix in, then mix the salt.
- Let the batter rise in a warm place until it has doubled in size.
- Heat the waffle iron and grease with a little oil.
- Follow the instructions to pour the batter and cook the waffles until golden brown.
Waffles can be served on their own, with fruit or a sauce. Chocolate sauce goes well with waffles.
Add a little vanilla extrat to the batter to improve the taste. Alternatively, substitute the sugar with vanilla flavored sugar.