The muffins have have some added antioxidants from the carrots, great for breakfast or snack. This recipe is easy to convert in a carrot chocolate muffin.
- Line muffin pan with papers or spritz with nonstick spray.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, oats, baking powder, and nutmeg.
- In a separate bowl mix together carrots, milk, sour cream, and egg white.
- Blend together dry and wet ingredients.
- Fill each muffin cup a little over half full. Bake at 350° F for 20 minutes. A toothpick or fork inserted in center should come out clean when done.
These muffins are low fat, sot this would be an allowed snack for those following a low fat diet. This is alo a recipe that allows to hide a little vegetables into a treat.