You will find these Cheddar cheese wafers under the names of cheese crackers or cheese gelt coins. They are a savory alternative to chocolate coins at Hanukkah.
Use cheese wafers as an appetizer for Hanukkah and many other occasions.
- Add all the above ingredients into a food processor and mix until a dough forms.
- Take out the dough and make two halves. Shape each half into the shape of a log a foot long and an inch thick. Place the each log onto the end of a piece of saran wrap. Then begin to wrap the log by rolling it away from you.
- Place in the refrigerator overnight.
- When you are ready to bake, line cookie sheets with parchment paper, preheat over to 375° F (180° C)
- Take out the dough and cut thin slices and place on cookie sheet. Bake until golden brown, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Place on rack to cool; then serve or store in an airtight container.
You can chill the dough and keep it in the refrigerator for up to a week. You can freeze the dough. Defrost before cooking, but just to the point it is cold enough to cut.
The cheese has enough salt, the recipe does not need any more.