A quick meal with Oriental inspiration.
2 T olive oil
2 chicken (chicken breast meat cut into strips)
2 clv garlic (crushed)
1 hd broccoli (cut into small florets)
6 scallion (thinly sliced)
1 c mushroom (button mushrooms, halved)
3 T oyster sauce
1 T soy sauce
4 T broth (chicken broth or stock)
1 lemon (juice only)
- Heat 1 Tbs of olive oil in a large pan or wok and add the chicken strips.
- Fry for approximately 5 minutes turning continuously and until cooked through. Remove from pan onto plate and set aside.
- Heat the remaining 1 Tbs of oil in the same pan and add the ginger and garlic.
- Cook on low heat for approximately 1 minute taking care not to burn the garlic.
- Add the broccoli, onions and mushrooms and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Return the chicken to the pan and add the sprouts, soy and oyster sauced, stock and lemon juice. Cook for a further 1 to 2 minutes.
- Toss well and serve.
Sprinkle with cashew nuts if desired. This recipe should be gluten free but check the ingredients in the sauces and chicken stock.