These are patties made with ground chicken, bread and cream and fried in butter but they can also be fired or deep fried in oil.
- Place bread chunks and milk in a small bowl. Let bread soak the milk. Place bread crumbs, flour and the beaten egg into soup plates or shallow bowls.
- In a large bowl, mix ground chicken, cream and seasoning, add milk soaked bread as needed.
- Divide chicken mix into four portions. Roll first in flour, flatten to shape as a burger patty, about 1/2-inch thick. Coat lightly in egg and breadcrumbs.
- Let patties stand while heating oil in a skillet over a medium heat.
- Cook patties for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until golden brown on the outside and nicely done inside - juices should run clear.
- Remove from skillet to a plate cover with kitchen paper to eliminate excess oil then transfer to a warm plate until ready to serve.
Consider oil for frying as an additional ingredient. The amount of oil needed will depend on type and size of the skillet. You will need about 1/4 inch high for shallow frying to a couple tablespoons for a non-stick pan.
Serve with gravy or one of the sauces for chicken and cooked buckwheat grains.
You can chop the chicken yourself, begin with 1 lb boneless and skinless chicken breast, cut into chunks, place soaked bread and chicken chunks into the bowl of a food processor and blend until very finely chopped but not made into liquid puree.