A different sort of appetizer.
1 lb crab (cooked, flaked)
1 lb chili pepper (green chili, jalapeños)
2 T bell pepper (green, finely chopped)
2 T onion (finley chopped)
2 1⁄2 c crackers (Graham cracker meal, 1/2 cup for filling, 2 cups for breading)
3 egg (beaten, 1 for filling, 2 for breading)
2 pn salt (or to taste, half for filling, half for breading)
2 pn pepper (or to taste, freshly ground black pepper, half for filling, half for breading)
1 clv garlic (finely chopped)
1 1⁄4 c milk (1/4 for filling, 1 for breading)
- Cut peppers lengthwise. Remove pulp and seeds, rinse carefully.
- In a large mixing bowl combine all the ingredients except for breading mixture.
- Stuff the pepper halves with the crab mix and press stuffing around the pepper. Set peppers aside.
- For the breading, place cracker meal in a flat pan. In a separate bowl, mix milk, eggs and salt and pepper.
- Dip peppers in egg mixture, then in cracker meal.
- Deep fry at 365°F degrees until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towel.