Pork meat slow cooked until tender with Chines spices, then pulled and dried in the oven.This recipe is time consuming but the results are well worth the effort.
- In a 4-5 quart pan on high heat, combine meat, garlic, aniseed, ground cinnamon, ground cloves, soy sauce, and 4 cups water. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer until meat is very tender when pierced, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Boil then uncovered on high heat, stirring often, until sizzling, about 30 minutes. Drain off fat.
- With 2 forks, shred meat and put into a 9x13" pan. Bake in a 400° F oven until pork begins to crisp, 15-20 minutes.
- Spoon crispy pork over rice.
- Add scallions and hoisin sauce to taste.
If you do not have it, substitute hoisin sauce with Chinese plum sauce.
Per serving: 313 calories; 20 grams protein; 12 grams fat; (4 grams saturated fat); 30 grams carbohydrates; 566 milligrams sodium; 66 milligrams cholesterol.