A healthy variation of a fruit snack bar. Dates are naturally sweet and a good source of fiber.
1 T butter
1 c dates (pitted and chopped)
1 T sugar
1 T flour (slef raising flour)
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Grease or line a 7-inch tin.
- In a medium size pan, melt the butter. Remove from the heat.
- Add sugar, flour, dates and egg. Mix.
- Place the mixture in the prepared tin, pressing down.
- Cook in the middle rack for 30-35 minutes.
- Let it cool slightly and cut into squares while still warm.
No need to make it squares. Cut it into other shapes: triangles, finger style...