Soups come in all flavors. Why not try somtehing Mediterranean? Fish and tomato are two well recognized Mediterranean ingredient. Delicious!
- Heat oil in a saucepan and gently fry onion and garlic.
- Add the canned chopped tomatoes, tomato paste and fish stock. Season to taste and bring to the boil.
- Add the rice and simmer gently 5-10 minutes, until the rice is half cooked.
- Add the fish and parsley. Simmer until the fish is done, about 10 minutes more.
- Serve with chunky fresh bread.
To make a seafood and tomato soup substitute 1 pound diced fish with 1 pound raw prawns.
To make this soup with brown rice, cook the rice in water 30-35 minutes in boiling water, drain and add it to the soup, still warm, as indicated by the recipe. It will finish cooking in the soup.