Serve this delicious turkey cutlets with gravy and dumplings or biscuits.
2 c buttermilk
2 t mustard
1⁄2 t cayenne pepper
1⁄2 onion (small, sliced thin)
1 clv garlic (sliced thin)
1 1⁄2 lb turkey (turkey breas cutlets)
3⁄4 c bread crumbs
seasoning (salt and gound pepper to taste)
cooking oil (cooking spray, for frying)
- Combine the buttermilk, Worcestershire, mustard, and cayenne in a shallow baking dish.
- Stir in the onion and garlic and add the turkey cutlets, turning to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350º F.
- Spread the bread crumbs on a baking sheet and toast for about 5 minutes, until lightly browned. Transfer to a plate and season with salt and pepper.
- Drain the turkey cutlets and discard the marinade.
- Coat the cutlets with the seasoned bread crumbs, shaking off the excess.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and warm over moderately high heat. Add one-third of the cutlets and spray them lightly.
- Fry the cutlets, turning once, until cooked through and golden, about 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer to a platter, cover loosely with foil, and keep warm.
- Wipe out the skillet and repeat with more spray and the remaining turkey.
- Serve hot, spooning gravy over the top if using.