The Green Man is also known as the Leaf Man or Jack the Green. He is the ancient image of the Goddesses' consort.
5 c lettuce (green leaf lettuce)
2 c dandelion greens (fresh)
8 sli bacon
2 T vinegar (wiite wine vinegar)
2 T sugar
salt (to taste)
- Remove the stems from the green and chop leaves, roughly.
- Cut the bacon into one inch square pieces and fry (crispy)
- Pour off the fat, reserve 1/2 cup.
- To the bacon add the vinegar, sugar and salt into the same frying pan, add in the reserved fat and bring to a boil.
- Pour the dressing over the greens, toss and serve.
A great dish for Beltaine.