A casserole to freeze that will bring the warm Hawaii to your table.
1⁄2 c butter (melted)
1 1⁄2 c brown sugar (firmly packed)
2 T mustard
1⁄2 t salt
1⁄2 t pepper (ground)
1⁄2 t cinnamon (ground)
1 1⁄2 c raisin
1 1⁄2 c walnut (optional)
8 c rice (cooked rice)
2 cn pineapple (pineapple chunks, with juice, 15 oz cans)
3 c ham (cooked ham, cubed)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large pot, combine melted butter, pineapple juice and brown sugar, over a medium heat. Once the brown sugar has dissolved, add the mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and cinnamon. Stir in the cubed ham and allow it to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the pineapple chunks, raisins, cherries and walnuts and simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
- Spread the cooked rice out onto a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Remove some of the liquid from the pot, and stir it into the rice, all of it should be wet. Top the rice with the remaining mixture.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes
Attempt to arrange ingredients so that they are equally distributed over rice.