Order some cooked lobster from the fish counter at your grocery store or fishmonger and set about to make it special with some extra preparation.
- Get the flesh out of the lobster tail and cut it into pieces. Reserve the shells.
- Heat butter pan and cook the shallot for 1-2 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook for a further 3 minutes. Mix in the cornstarch stirring vigorously.
- Add wine, mustard, herbs and cream. Season with salt and pepper and simmer just until the sauce thickens. Incorporate half the grated cheese and the lobster pieces.
- Stuff the lobster shells with the sauce. Season and sprinkle the rest of the grated cheese on top. Cook under the broiler just until the surface takes a golden brown color.
- Serve straight away with a mixed salad and toasted bread on the side.
Cheese makes sauces stick more to the bottom of the pan. A non-stick pan may help.
Try this recipe with monkfish, steamed or boiled in a simple broth.