This recipe for mashed sweet potato is suitable for a low sugar diet.
1 1⁄2 t vanilla extract
1 pn cinnamon (ground)
1 pn nutmeg (ground)
1 T butter (or vegetable margarine)
- Scrub, wash, and then dry the sweet potatoes. Pierce on all sides with a fork.
- Microwave on high for approximately 15 minutes, or steam for 30 minutes.
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop the meat out into a medium sized mixing bowl. Discard skins.
- Mash the potato pulp with a potato masher until smooth.
- Add all the remaining ingredients, mixing well