Healthy, fast and filling, this Mediterranean couscous salad is what you could call healthy comfort food.
- Place a selection of prepared Mediterranean vegetables in a baking tray and top with a little olive oil.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Bake vegetables for approximately 15 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook 4 ounces of couscous according to package instructions – but replace the water with the same amount of vegetable broth for more flavor.
- Fluff couscous with fork and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and a little bit of salt and pepper to taste. Mix through.
- Serve couscous topped with Mediterranean vegetables and a sprinkle of chopped feta cheese and olives.
Use your choice of vegetables such as eggplant; zucchini; red and white onion; green, yellow, range or red peppers; or tomatoes. You’ll need approximately 2 ounces of chopped vegetables per person.
Did you hear about the benefits of eating less meat? This is a perfect filling recipe for a meatless day. Make this recipe your healthy choice.