This Mediterranean vegetable salad is a healthy choice for a meatless main course and suitable for a gluten free diet.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spread a non-stick baking tray with olive oil and add chopped Mediterranean vegetables.
- Toss with one teaspoon of olive oil and one teaspoon of balsamic vinegar. Sprinkle with salt and roast for approximately 15 to 20 minutes.
- While the vegetables are cooking, place the lentils in a large pan of boiling water and cover with stock.
- Boil for approximately 20 minutes or until the lentils are tender the broth is reduced.
- Place the cooked lentils, roasted vegetables, one teaspoon olive oil and one teaspoon balsamic vinegar in a large bowl. Mix well and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve garnished with basil and topped with the goat’s or feta cheese.
Use preferably French Puy lentils, or, alternatively, you can use canned lentils if you’re in a hurry. If using canned lentils simply drain, and then heat lentils in a pan over low heat.
Gluten free if the vegetable broth is. Vegetable broth must read gluten free or be homemade without gluten – you can easily find gluten free vegetable broth at the health food store.
Omit goat cheese or substitute it with soy cheese for a dairy free or vegan Mediterranean salad.